The History of Masaryk Basic School
The history of our school began in 1892 when the local school board announced a competition for the construction of the new Girl´s School. The most recognized place was in the Rudolph Street. There were four barns and beyond them was sufficient space. From the submitted proposals, three of them were chosen – the first prize received Prague architect V. Kaur. Budget 90 000 gold seemed too high, and therefore more economical V. Kaura´s plan was developed (50 000 gold).
The construction was entrusted to the builder Fr. Skřivánek. Work was begun in the spring of 1894. In September the school building was in such a condition that some rooms were completed and therefore 23rd September 1894 by decision of the village, there could be the consecration ceremony. The school building was consecrated by bishop of Hradec Králové Edvard Jan Nepomuk Brynych.
Girl´s School got the number "357 in advance". The school construction cost 60,408 gold and one penny.
Third February 1895 was a new school janitor Josef Andrle moved in to a basement apartment. He heated all rooms.
The first school year 1895/96 began September 18, 1895 with the number of female pupils and 648 teaching staff. The school was led by Josef Kuthan.
September 23, 1897 was elected a new director, Kliment Čermák, who is known not only for his educational activities, but he also worked as an archaeologist, numismatist, a writer. In 1914, when World War I began, had to withdraw students' educational interests of the army. Soldiers occupied the school premises and later there was established a hospital for the wounded. Girls, meanwhile, learned in the Boy School.
After the war the school was alive again. Because children like change, some lessons took place in the school garden during the spring months. There were also benches and boards.
Also, World War II affected the running of schools. The building was evacuated again for military purposes. It happened in January 1941. Girls are taught in Boy School. In late August 1944, the whole school was occupied for the German youth.
The war ended. Everything was slowly returning to the original track, and so could the 10th September started as the school year 1945/46.
The school began to make adjustments and repairs. Facade of the building was modified (1946), set up youth center (1950), were allocated new rooms in the former Court (1966), rebuilt central heating, bathroom, bought new furniture (70's), restored facade of the school (80's ).
70's and 80's in education were also marked by the normalization process. Yet the school has remained a place that provided students a solid foundation for future life.
The fundamental changes that occurred after November 1989 in the whole of our society, affected the school system. Schools have become non - political, teachers were given more freedom and confidence, but also greater responsibility for the upbringing and education of our children.
School director since January 1990 was Mgr. Zdeněk Havelka. After him, since 1992/93 was elected a new director, Mgr. Eva Srnská. A period of structural changes in the school began.
During the holidays of 1993 was a complete reconstruction of power lines. A long-awaited construction began with the lack of which have faced generations of teachers and pupils. The cost of construction amounted to 14 million CZK. Now the gym is not only used by students of our school, but is opened to other organizations.
In 2000, the gasification was carried out throughout the school. This change facilitated the janitor ´s work and ensured ecological heating of the school building. In 2000 computer classroom was modernized. The school was connected to the Internet. In 2002 and 2003 the roof and windows were replaced. The facade was insulated.
In the academic year 2003/2004 the management of school changed – Mgr. Jaroslav Vostrovský became a director.